Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hot Dog!


It wasn't until I bought All Around Town in 1980, that I knew who Bob James was......the guy who wrote the theme to Taxi, 'Angela'! Well, it didn't take long to the rest of James' catalog to find it's way into The Soundtrack Of My Life; I purchased H in early 1981, I love the cover as much today as I did that cold February day when I first saw it. This is my definitive Bob James album, which I've judged all his releases by, to this day; maybe it was the cover, maybe it was Grover, probably it was the excellent compositions and arrangements and the emotion with which they were played. If you don't have this one, go get it, pour yourself a cocktail, put it on and close your eyes; the journey will be excellent!
Listen to 'Snowbird Fantasy' and 'Brighton By The Sea'

boomp3.com
boomp3.com

No comments: