Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Little Sunflower


It was 1982, still in college, when I came across Milt Jackson's Sunflower; already a huge fan of CTI and Freddie Hubbard's output for the storied label, but for some reason, I had never heard of his composition 'Sunflower' until stumbling across Jackson's album, with it's beautiful cover art. There was a local record company that also had this huge national distribution business, that decided to open the doors to it's warehouse and blow out it's stock of vinyl, cassettes and eight-tracks - which was like opening the door to Fort Knox as far as I was concerned. Needless to say, I think over two days I came home with over 100 Lp's! Sunflower was one of them. Talk about turbo-charging The Soundtrack Of My Life!
Listen to 'Sunflower' and 'People Make The World Go Round'


boomp3.com
boomp3.com

1 comment:

slsmithsr said...

You know what you talking 'bout.
I' had this on album, somebody ran off with it. I got it again later, don't know what happened to that copy. Came back and bought the cd...left it in a friends car, he filed claim to it.
Anybody who don't like wears a size 1 1/2 shoe.....ain't got no sole! lol