Sunday, November 09, 2008

Healing The Wounds


I like those three words, Healing The Wounds - a timeless endeavor? Perhaps. In the case of Joe Sample and Wilton Felder, minus Stix Hooper; The Crusaders - it's the name of their 1991 GRP release. By the early 1990's Sample, Felder and Hooper had pretty much split up and gone their own way, so I was filled with much excitement and anticipation when I found out that they were releasing a new recording on GRP in '91. I first discovered The Crusaders in 1980, at the very beginning of my quest, and believe it or not, I've just recently finished acquiring their back catalog (thank you fellow bloggers!!), 28 years later! Sample and Felder reunited for Healing The Wounds, which carries over the same sort of vibe that was reflected on Sample's recent solo projects of the time (Spellbound and Ashes To Ashes), and once again, Marcus Miller plays a prominent role. It wouldn't be until 2003 that The Soundtrack Of My Life would add another Crusaders release, but that's best left for another post.
Listen to 'Pessimisticism', 'Maputo' and 'Running Man'
Boomp3.com
Boomp3.com
Boomp3.com

No comments: