Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hopes & Dreams


Hopes & Dreams, we all have them, don't we? Sometimes we forget, especially in these trying times, but they're there. It's been almost 8 years since I've been back in town, and my hopes & dreams seem to keep growing, expanding and shifting. As The Soundtrack Of My Life has grown, expanded and shifted over the last 8 years, there hasn't really been much representation of Local Talent added to The Soundtrack. I think that it may have more to do with my lack of exposure than the lack of talent here in CNY. This CD was given to me by a friend, who to their credit, kept after me to listen to it and perhaps I'd be moved enough to write about it. Well, I gave Evan Knight a listen, and I haven't been able to stop listening to his CD 'Reminiscence' over the last week. An incredible debut recording from this Syracuse area saxophonist, which immediately reminded me of the best that Nelson Rangell had to offer early in his career. Although I haven't shared that much about the present, this blog isn't just about the past; Hopes & Dreams; when I start my download only Jazz Label, Evan Knight is exactly the type of young local talent I've been dreaming about to produce ..... it's only a matter of time!
Listen to 'Reminiscence', 'Sound Check' and 'Hopes & Dreams'

No comments: