Sunday, January 04, 2009

Incognito Incognito


Inner Shade is one of those one-of side projects, basically, it's Incognito Incognito; another project which was the brainchild of guitarist, composer and all around talent, Jean-Paul 'Bluey' Maunick. I picked this one up in 1988 (can't believe it's been 11 years), it was a no brainer, I really liked Incognito, so when I found out this was going to released, the biggest challenge was hunting down a copy for The Soundtrack Of My Life. Ah, those pre-internet days, when you had to actually go into a record store and hopefully it carried what you were looking for. As i've written on this Blog before, one of my all time favorite compositions is the Freddie Hubbard song, Little Sunflower. I thought that it would only be appropriate to post another version of this incredibly touching masterpiece, in light of Hubbard's passing this past week. Freddie was one of the early discoveries of The Soundtrack Of My Life; although he had serious health and lip issues that prevented him from recording significantly the last decade, his work was the standard by which I measured other trumpet players; this one is for you Freddie!

No comments: