Monday, March 24, 2008

Lost Love


This one's not that easy to write about.......for all my misgivings, there are only two regrets I have in my life, and both of them have to do women (what a surprise, huh?). But not for the reason you might think; the regret is for what I didn't do, what I didn't pursue, not for anything I did. This one  doesn't know, the second.......we've discussed it and she knows. I met her in 1987, she was dating a friend of mine, we were both in a relationship; over the years we became close. 1993 I moved back to town, married, we ran into each other, and continued to do so, over and over again. There was attraction, there was desire, there was definitely electricity.......it was The Soundtrack Of My Life; we would meet on Thursday nights at the Crash Club on Elmwood Ave. I lent her Ronnie Jordan's Quiet Revolution to listen to in her convertible Cadillac Alante, on her way up to Alexander Bay; one night she leaned over and kissed me....I just couldn't pursue her, looking back, I should have. After that night, over the next few years, we would run into each other, work in the same office and go out with the same group of friends - always with that energy sizzling under the surface. It's been 11 plus years since we've seen each other, although we each know where the other is.....it makes you think. FYI, took me about a year to get Quiet Revolution back from her!
Listen to 'In Full Swing', 'Slam In A Jam' and 'Come With Me'
boomp3.com
boomp3.com
boomp3.com

No comments: