Friday, June 20, 2008

An Endless Train Ride


It was September of 1989, I was moving into a new apartment with my girlfriend, who down the road would become my wife and the mother of my children. My parents were there to help us out; that's the way they were. I remember that I had been eyeing David Becker's first two releases, and finally took the plunge and picked up his 1988 release, Siberian Express. I'm not sure what I thought I was getting into, but whatever itr was, I wasn't prepared for the incredible fusion of this amazing and under appreciated guitarist. The Soundtrack Of My Life would be totally incomplete without the Tribune and the rest of Becker's recordings. The internet has been good to me; the DBT has released a few new recordings the past few years, which has defiantly quenched my thirst for this incredible guitarist.
Listen to 'Anja', 'Hilversum' and 'Siberian Express'
boomp3.com
boomp3.com
boomp3.com

No comments: