Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day Dad, I Miss You


It was 1996, by now my father was on dialysis, and he had to be taken to the center to get hooked up to the machine 2-3 times a week - it was a real shitty scene - for everyone. I remember driving over to my parent's to take him for a treatment; I had this Infiniti J30 which had an awesome stereo in it; for some reason of all the memories, many of which I've blocked out about this time, this one stands out like it happened yesterday - it was late spring, and I had Fattburger's newest CD cranked, listening to cover versions of Oye Como Va and Everybody Wants To Rule The World. I can't believe it's been almost 12 years since he's been gone; This Is The Soundtrack Of My Life, I miss you dad, everyday - I love you. Whether or not we get to hear another release from Fattburger, will be the question going forward - ironically, Carl Evans Jr, co-founder of the group, passed away earlier this year, he too a victim of the effects of diabetes.
Listen to 'Oye Como Va' and 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World'

boomp3.com
boomp3.com

No comments: