Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dad, I miss you


1992, late summer around Labor Day, my father was in the hospital to have his leg amputated; it was a bad time for everyone - a real bad one for me. Besides the obvious issue at hand (or is that leg), there was major concern that he wasn't going to be strong enough to make it through the anesthesia; I remember sitting in the waiting room at the hospital, for what seemed to forever with my mother and sister. Fortunately he made it through. When I went back to my place that afternoon, I did what I needed to do - lose myself in the music, The Soundtrack Of My Life. It was Wayne Henderson And The Next Crusade that got me through the rest of that day, along with some of that magical potion that those monks in Scotland first distilled so many centuries ago. I miss my father terribly, he's tightly woven throughout The Soundtrack Of My Life, I could write dozens of stories.......if the music gives me the strength to do so.
Listen to 'Rosa Cafe', 'Right On Brother' and 'Urban Jungle'

boomp3.com
boomp3.com
boomp3.com

No comments: