Saturday, July 05, 2008

Back 'Home' doin' something


Looking back, 2001 was a very significant year for me; moving back to the place I've come to realize was 'home' all along, developing what have become and always will be 'lifetime relationships', ending the old & beginning the new, falling in love, and being the best father I possibly could - from 150 miles away. And all through the year, The Soundtrack Of My Life grew; one of the first CD's that I picked up, after discovering the local independent music store, was Soulive's Blue Note debut, 'doin' something'. I remember feeling kind of dumb, looking at the display in this eclectic and very cool CD store, like I should have known who this group was - but I didn't have a clue. I bought the CD, they gave me a VHS video and an EP of one of the group's earlier releases; I was like, wow, did I miss something? Well, by now, I'm sure if you're a reader of this blog, you've probably heard of Soulive and their connection to both the Jazz and Jam crowds; if not, you're in for a treat!
Listen to 'Bridge To 'Bama' and 'Roll The Tape'

boomp3.com
boomp3.com

No comments: