Sunday, July 20, 2008

Brothers


August of 1988, I had the itch to upgrade my stereo system - after all, I hadn't made any major upgrades in components since my college days. I decided to make the plunge, besides, I had pretty much purged the old out of my life so far that year, what was another $3000 or $4000 on equipment? (actually a lot in '88!). I went out and got a set of Polk Speakers and all Adcom components plus a Bang & Oulfson turntable; smoked the American Express Card that day! Because of those glorious ads that GRP used to place, like the one in the previous post, I had been on the lookout for the new Dave Grusin CD, which included his brother Don; just the two of them, using what was cutting edge technology for the time - which still sounds fresh today, 20 years later. I was happy, living life that late Summer, and The Soundtrack Of My Life never sounded better!
Listen to 'Birds With Long Legs' and 'River Song'
boomp3.com
boomp3.com

No comments: