Monday, September 01, 2008

Ink


It was in 1982 that I discovered the German Fusion group Passport. I had no idea who they were, had been hearing that they were the European equivalent of Weather Report (no!); but one thing I did know, I was fascinated with the cover of Blue Tattoo. So I did what I had to do, buy the album; 26 years later and 43 hours (and counting!) of ink, I'm still fascinated by Blue Tattoo - not just the cover, but the compositions and the group as well! It's been hard tracking down any new releases by Klaus Doldinger or his group, other than their output on Atlantic years ago, but when I find something, it still has that Passport sound. Little did I know that The Soundtrack Of My Life would lead to 43 hours of needle time, but hey, there's worse things!
Listen to 'Radiation', 'Blue Tattoo' and 'Rambling'

Boomp3.com
Boomp3.com
Boomp3.com

No comments: