Sunday, September 14, 2008

Island Fantasy In The Snow


I stopped into a local stereo dealer, 1991,  not far from where I lived, think I needed something done to my cassette deck (remember those?!!); the shop had this real elitist attitude - you know the type. Anyway, they had this music playing, very Caribbean, instrumental, I liked it! Turns out it was a local guy, from the snow belt, making this really great Island type music - I bought the CD, from these stuck up assholes at the stereo store. Mike Smiarowski's Island Fantasy, love it, especially with a little Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum, some cola and a wedge of lime! (actually I'd love it even more if I was on Tybee!) Turns out that The Soundtrack Of My Life is a small world indeed, the keyboard/producer of this excellent disc is Chas Eller of the Burlington, VT group Kilimanjaro, who I've been a fan of for a very long time. Smiarowski has three releases that I'm aware of; before the Fall creeps upon us and Summer is nothing but a memory, check this guy out, and if you can't find any Sailor Jerry's, you can always substitute Captain Morgan's!
Listen to 'Mellow Yellow' and 'Isle of Jabeam'

Boomp3.com
Boomp3.com

No comments: